Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Proverbs 23:15-16

Proverbs 23:15-16 My son, if your heart is wise, My heart will rejoice; indeed, I myself; (16) Yes, my inmost being will rejoice When your lips speak right things.
Is it our heart to please our wonderful and mighty Father? Is it our our heart to bring rejoicing to the lips of the Father? He has done so very much for us, by His amazing grace He sent His son to live a perfect life for us, to be separated from the Father and made sin for us, to die a painful death for us, to rise again and be victorious and glorfied forever so that we who deserve nothing might have everything in Him! What an amazing God we serve! How marvelous is His name and how deep is His love for those that don't love Him back.

Our greatest desire should be to love God with all of our heart, and mind, and soul, and strength. When we love Him we want to please Him. We can look inward at our hearts and honestly ask ourselves, "Do I desire to please the Father in all that I am, in all that I do, in all that I think, in all that I say, in all that I pursue, in all that I reject, in all that ever hope to be?" If we cannot say that we truly desire to please the Father then we must look closely at our love for Him. If we have given our heart to Him, we must get back to our first love, not forgetting the amazing gift of grace that He has given us.

Revelation 2:4 "Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love.
Remember Josiah, the boy King? (2 Kings 22-23, 1 Chron. 34-35) When he had found the Word of God again in the temple and read it, he was convicted of heart and saw that the Lord had promised destruction to the nation if they would not heed His word and abide in His love. So Josiah broke down all the high places and alters to false Gods and purged the land of idolatry. God spared the nation during his reign because of the condition of his heart. What was the condition of his heart?

2 Kings 23:25 Now before him there was no king like him, who turned to the LORD with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the Law of Moses; nor after him did any arise like him.
May we turn to the Lord with all our heart and soul and might! Seeking and gaining the wisdom of God by His Spirit and speaking right things in worship of His greatness will declare to Him our love and He will rejoice! May we live a life today that would cause our God to rejoice!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Thank you, I agree with all you said. Truly there is no greater place to be than in His presence with our heart fully open and desiring Him. This is the condition of His heart too, fully open and desiring us! Amazing! Love you!