Monday, August 14, 2006

Proverbs 14:2

Proverbs 14:2 He who walks in his uprightness fears the LORD, But he who is perverse in his ways despises Him.
My greatest fear as a child of God is that He will not receive the praise and worship from my life that He so deserves. He has bought me with a price, the price of His blood (1Cor 6:20). I cannot but seek to glorify Him with my life. When I entertain perverse thoughts (to be "turned aside" or "to depart" from God), the Proverb declares plainly that I am despising my Lord, my Savior, the One Who gave so much that I might live! What horror to think that my selfish thoughts and actions and words are despising the One Whom I love so much, the last One I'd want to offend! May God forgive our putrid "theology" that we can live life how we want and still call Him our God!

Instead we must walk in uprightness, showing our fear and respect and honor and adoration of our God! To walk in uprightness we must first come to Christ and give Him our life if we have not. If we have already invited Christ into our lives, it means that we must continually lay down our lives for Him and His Kingdom. Colossians 3:3 says that we died and our lives are hidden in Christ. We must die to our own desires and pursue Him with love and abandonment! He makes us righteous by His blood, yet by our obedience we demonstrate that we do truly fear Him and that we are completely His.

Romans 2:4-5 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? (5) But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

May we not be despisers of God and His goodness, but instead may we walk worthy of His calling (Eph 4:1).

Galatians 2:19-20 "For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. (20) "I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

No comments: